Wednesday 20 February 2013

Quite a productive day...

The title of this blog says it all really, so I'll end it there. Only kidding :)

It was productive for many reasons but the main being that I eventually pulled my socks up and sent my bursary evidence off. I was putting it off mostly due to laziness haha! Long story short, I had everything I needed bar my birth certificate and my tenancy agreement and to get them I would have to travel to TWO towns (South Shields and Jarrow) which are ten minutes away in both directions. See lazy!

Well today I decided that it had to be done and so I did it but instead of that great feeling you normally get when you tick off things on your to do list, all I feel is ripped off! My birth certificate was £16 and although my tenancy agreement was free of charge I still had to fork out £12 to send it all off. However, now it's all done so I have nothing else to do really other than pray I have filled out/sent the right documentation. In my opinion I think that as soon as you have confirmed your place at a university you should get the first part of your student loan/bursary as the costs so far have been quite steep. For example, it cost £15 to have my doctors fill out a health questionnaire, postage to send off documents to them, travel costs for occupational health appointment (not everyone has to attend one of those) sending bursary evidence off including return postage! I'm not even going to begin to talk about childcare so I can get most of the stuff done needed and then there's the stuff you need to prepare for university, like books, stationary etc.

Well no one said it was going to be an easy ride lol RANT OVER! :)

How's everyone doing?
Nikki x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki

    Enjoying your blog so far....i start nursing in september. havent started any of the bursary paper work as yet. interested if you could give me a bit more info on the kind of expenses you can include, and what docs they require?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks for your comment and apologies for the delay... It's been a hectic couple of months. As far as I know you can claim for travel expenses to and from your placement if you have to travel a certain amount of miles to get there. You are best off checking out the FAQ's page of the bursary website, adding the bursary company on Facebook or give them a call as I would hate to give false information.

    As for documentation, it usually differs on each persons circumstances but I'm sure as a starting point you will need to send birth certificate, any child's birth certificates (if you have any previous pay slips, tenancy agreement if you have your own place. I think that's about it. It's all about of a pain but sooner you get it in then you won't need to worry about it any more. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete