Sunday 20 October 2013

Long time, no post! Oops! Update :)

First of all apologies for my lack of posts. It has been hectic here! Second of all can I just say that I am over half way through my first year! It has flown over, people said that it would but dear me. 

Right, what's been happening... I have finished my hub placement for the year, finished my mental health spoke placement and now I am half way through my second spoke placement which is out in the community with infection, prevention and control. I love my hub placement, which is just as well as that's where I'll be spending most of my time there. It's hard work and it's the kind of ward where a student will sink or swim as it's so busy! It is a respiratory ward so everyone who comes onto the ward is really quite sick. One of the advantages of it being a respiratory ward is that we get a few regulars in but that also has a down side as you get attached to some and then they died :(

Anyways, it has been going great so far and even though I have had very challenging moments I wouldn't change what I'm doing for the world! There's no better feeling than leaving for home after a shift and knowing that you have done something worthwhile, it might not have been saving a life but even offering comfort and support to an anxious patient can be as squally rewarding. I'm going to keep  to my word and get on here a lot more often and I'll start by doing some on each placement I have been on and the experiences that I have had so far that have stuck in my mind the most. 

Anyways, bye for now :)
Nikki x

No comments:

Post a Comment